Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Closed Minds & Right Fighters



I find that the people that vocally claim they are open minded, good listeners, admit when they are wrong and like to keep the peace, are usually totally the opposite. They are willing to listen to others as long as their opinion wins out. They will argue to the death, even if they come out sounding totally ridiculous. Catching themselves out with excuses, justifications and anything they can grasp at a second's notice. They judge people because they're arrogant enough to assume that their way is the only way. Instead of listening they'll talk over you, talk at you or impatiently listen until they can give their point of view. I guess I'm a little jaded as I have come across too many of these people, until my head is spinning with indecision, self doubt and a huge sense of worthlessness. Tolerance and empathy are lost arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment